15 February, 2011

Humpback Whale Breach - Valentine's

current song: Gettin' Over You by David Guetta

got my ran on. as I made my way to the Magic Island wall... walked along path... hunted for whales. huge frellin' breach. bug eyed. huge beast... huge splash. whale then lobtailed and peduncled.

old woman approached me. she too amazed at these beasts. whale only breached once... but we both watched whale continuously lobtail and peduncle for about 5 minutes. at least 2 whales in area. multiple spouts. awesome.

completed my ran. wanted to earn another drank... so I ran another 14+ minutes. as I made my way to the wall for the 2nd time... old woman still at end of wall. talked story w/ her for couple minutes. I asked her if she saw any activity since I left. nope.

5th time this month I witnessed humpback activity.

No comments: